Welcome to the website of the VACC-GER, the Virtual Area Control Center for Germany on the VATSIM network. On these pages you will find info on how to become a controller within our VACC, or how to find and use all necessary information about flying in the VACC-GER area.
Virtual Opening of the Airport Berlin Brandenburg (BER) - 2014/04/16 (Nils Friedrich)
Today Aerosoft released its scenery for the Airport Berlin-Brandenburg (BER, EDDB). As this airport won’t open completely in real life for some time, there might be some questions about its usage in the VATSIM environment. Here are the key facts:
- The new southern runway and the new apron will be opened completely with the constraints mentioned below.
- There are only Instrument Approach Charts available for the southern runway. We don’t expect any procedures to be included in Navigraph or Aerosoft navigation data.
- There will be a big opening event in the near future.
- For the southern runway vectors to final and vectored departures are to be expected.
- Departing pilots are handed off from the tower to the departure controller.
- On the main apron the normal taxi procedure is clockwise, which means that if you are facing the “wrong” runway after pushback, there is the possibility to make a 180° turn in the middle of the apron onto taxiway V1 or V2.
- Gate allocation: Northern concourse: Low Cost (EZY, RYR), Main: LH, 4U, BAW, etc., Southern: Air Berlin
- Pilots decide whether they want to use the new or the old apron by vacating the northern runway to the north or to the south.
- After a trial period for these procedures, there will be official briefings for pilots and controllers.
- As long as there is no new airportbriefing available, new EDDB controllers need an introduction with a mentor. An S2 rating is mandatory.
VATSIM Germany and the Regional Group Berlin are happy about this opportunity to be ahead of reality. Of course we are trying to offer you the well-known excellent service at both BER and Berlin-Tegel airports! We are looking forward to your virtual visit at BER!
Mit Wirkung zum 03. Apr. 2014 (Airac 1404) werden die Squawk-Bereiche innerhalb Vatsim Germany neu zugeordnet. Alle Controller sind aufgefordert ihr Sectorfile zum 03. Apr. 2014 zu erneuern um doppelte Squawk-Code Vergabe zu vermeiden.
Effective 03. Apr. 2014 (Airac 1404) the squawk-ranges within Vatsim Germany will be reallocated. All controllers are required to update their sectorfile to avoid duplicate squawk-code assignment.
Anmerkung/Note: EuroScope Ongoing Coordination Alle Center-Controller werden gebeten ihre Visibility-Range um mindesten 100-150NM über die eigene AoR (Area of responsibility) hinaus anzupassen um eine bessere "Ongoing Coordination" zu ermöglichen und eine "out of my range"-Mitteilung zu vermeiden.
All center-controllers are requested to adjust their visibility-range by at least 100-150NM beyond their own AoR (Area of responsibility) to allow a better ongoing coordination and to avoid an "out of my range" message.
FSInn in 20 minutes - 2013/01/28 (Kai Klingenberg)
Our member Andre Koloschin has written a quickstart guide for FSInn.
You can find the document in our pilots/software section left on our homepage.
Tips and suggestions are welcome, additional in the FSInn section in our forum.
VATSIM and vACC Germany passwords - 2008/10/29 (Kai Klingenberg)
For safety reasons, we would like to remind all vACC Germany members that any password (for the use of SAG or VATSIM) shall be kept private and secret. No staff member will ask anyone for a password. In the event of that, please do not give your password, but save the complete conversation and provide it to the respective authorities (VATGER1, webmaster etc.) to enable us to identify the responsible person.